AA/LAN/United: Washington D.C./Dallas/Orlando/Chicago (New York too) – Santiago, Chile for $576 – $620. Roundtrip. All in
We haven’t seen Santiago de Chile this inexpensive in a long time. Use it as an opportunity to explore Chile: Go to Vina Del Mar and Valparaiso. Go to the Andes. Do a few wine tasting tours. Go to the ice glaciers at Torres del Pine National Park.
For DC Residents: The fare is available for $620.
For Orlando Residents: The fare is available for $606.
For Dallas Residents: The fare is available for $576.
For New York/Tri-State Residents: This is a simple travel hack. Book the Washington D.C. to Santiago de Chile flight. Make sure to select a return flight from Santiago that routes back via JFK on the LAN non-stop. You will clear immigration and customs at JFK and will need to pick up your luggage at JFK regardless of your final destination. Go home and don’t take the JFK – Washington D.C. connection. To get down to DC for the outbound flight, take either MegaBus or Amtrak! It’s significant savings over JFK-Santiago flight.
[Update 1 @ 5:00pm. Availability found from Chicago for $656.]
[Update 2 @ 6:25pm: To clarify United availability — United is on the title because so combinations had United for the domestic portion. This is very much so a LAN/AA deal]
- November 3rd – 10th. Use kayak.com flexible month search to find availability. Ticket must be purchased by September 16th and travel must commence by November 30th.
- IAD (Washington D.C. – Dulles) – MIA (Miami) – SCL (Santiago de Chile, Chile) – JFK – DCA
- 10,349 miles or 5.9 cents per mile
Bookable on Orbitz.com. This is a mistake fare, DO NOT CALL THE AIRLINE TO BOOK THIS!
- Visa: Not required for US Citizens, however, Chile does charge a $140 reciprocity fee on arrival. The fee is the same as what the US charges foreign nationals when they apply for a US Visa
- Currency: Chilean Pesos – $1 USD = 475 CLP