This looks suspiciously like yesterday’s post to Beijing. If you wanted to go yesterday and was not happy that AA pulled the sale, this is your chance to go now for about the same price.
Things to See:
- 798 – an industrial park that has been turned into art galleries
- The Forbidden City
- The Great Wall – we recommend that you go to the Mutianyu section and not the Badaling section. The last time we were at Mutianyu, we were basically the only ones there
Places to Eat:
- Made in China at The Grand Hyatt Beijing – definitely the best Peking Duck found in the world. Make sure to pre-order the duck before you get there
- Noodle Bar at 1949 – get some great hand made noodles
- November 3rd – 10th. Valid for travel Monday through Thursday until December 08, 2011. Must purchase by September 13th. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to see available dates.
- LGA – YYZ (Toronto) – PEK (Beijing, China) – YVR (Vancouver) – EWR (Newark)
- 14,604 miles or 5.9 cents per mile. This is booked in W & K class. You’ll receive 100% mileage credit with United.
Bookable on Orbitz.com.
- Visa Requirements – US Citizens require to have Visa prior to arrival. $140 for single entry or multi-entry. Get the multi-entry since it’s the same price; who knows, there might be more good deals to China in the next 12 months that you might want to take advantage of.
- Currency – Renminbi (RMB). $1 USD = 6.38 RMB