The Flight Team really enjoys it when airlines under price fares in another carrier’s hub — because that’s when you really get awesome fares! In this case, Delta is attacking United/Continental at all their major hubs – San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Newark, and of course Chicago, which we posted three days ago. United has responded in kind to all of Delta’s hubs — Atlanta, Detroit, Minneapolis, etc.
- Valid for travel Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. From now until December 2011.
- SFO: October 6th – 11th. $791 (screenshot below)
- EWR: September 22nd – 26th. $707. Roundtrip. All in.
- For Delta, it routes through Detroit or Seattle.
- For United, it routes through Chicago O’Hare, Los Angeles, or San Francisco.
- 12,000 – 14,000 miles. <5 cents per mile. This is more than 1/2 way to a domestic award ticket — remember to collect your miles.
- US Citizens – Required prior to arrival. $140. (Single or multiple entry for a 1-year visa is the same price. Apply for a multiple entry. You never know when there might be another great fare).
Bookable on either Delta or United.