This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
Here are some Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales and our thoughts. We will update this page.
Cathay Pacific: Up to 40% off.
We are the biggest Cathay Pacific fans but this “sale” more like NORMAL pricing – $651 to Hong Kong – you can do better. It might not be on Cathay Pacific, but sales have been cheaper with other carriers.
Book on Cathay Pacific.
Norwegian Air Shuttle: Up to 30% off Flights – Expires November 25th at 11:59PM.
Norwegian is running up to 30% off flights from the United States. Of course, it isn’t really 30% off. That’s off the base fare before fuel surcharges and taxes. The actual discount will probably be around 10 – 15% off depending on the route based on our research. That’s not any better than using their international sites without the promo code to get similar pricing. So more of the same same here with this “sale”.
Here are the terms:
- Up to 30% discount on fares to the French Caribbean and up to 20% discount on fares to Europe.
- Booking period between November 25 00:01am and 23:59pm (24 hours) in local time.
- Travel period: December 1 2016 to March 25 2017.
- Blackout period for Europe: December 16 2016 – January 9 2017
- Blackout period for French Caribbean: December 16 2016 to January 9 2017, February 16 2017 to March 7 2017.
- Discounts are calculated on net fares. Long haul flights to Europe ex. fuel surcharge.
- Discount applies on all class of service. Capacity is controlled, thus fares may not remain available for duration of the sale on every route. Additional fees and terms may apply.
Book on Norwegian Air Shuttle.
Turkish Airlines: Up to 40% off Flights – Expires November 25th at 11:59PM.
Once again, 40% is off the base fare and not the fuel surcharge or taxes. Based on findings, you will realistically save about 10 – 15% off what the fare was yesterday on a coach fare. In business, this can be more but still won’t be 40% off.
Here are the terms:
- Discounts are available for all destinations that are included in the campaign. You only need to choose a date and destination to benefit from the campaign.
- The campaign only includes the flights from United States.
- There are no quantity restriction for buying tickets during the campaign.
- The campaign only includes flights originating from the United States to all Turkish Airlines destinations except for Turkey and the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
- The 40% discount is only applied to the base fare of the tickets and there will be no discount on the fuel surcharge and other taxes.
- The campaign is available for Economy Class and Business Class booking.
Book on Turkish Airlines.
Virgin America: Starting $29 one-way. Must be purchased by 5:00 pm PT on Friday, November 25, 2016.
We don’t remember the last time Virgin America had a “sale” that wasn’t NORMAL price. This is no different. It’s not even worth our time to cut and paste a picture here.
But if you are interested, here are the terms:
- Main Cabin tickets must be purchased by 5:00 pm PT on Friday, November 25, 2016.
- Fares require a 14-day advance purchase where travel must occur between December 10, 2016 and March 11, 2017.
- Lowest sale fares are only valid for travel on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday.
Book on Virgin America.
Publicly announced sales are usually not going to save you a whole lot of money! Rather than go for these “sales”, track prices over a period of time to see what a normal fare costs then purchase it when it drops.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.