A good sale to the Maldives.
Per Business Traveller, Emirates will charge for advance seat assignments for bookings beginning October 3rd of this year for economy fares such as this (that’s for BOOKINGS and not for travel beginning October 3rd). It will be about $40 each way for most flights. If you choose not to pay the fee, you should checkin online 48 hours out where assignments are still free.
Sample Travel Date:
- October 10th – 17th
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel on the outbound from October – November or January, 2017 with a 7 day minimum stay for Sunday through Wednesday departures from the United States and Monday through Thursday departures to the United States. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- The best way is to plug your dates on Emirates, select Book, then “Select search for flights” then select “My Dates is Flexible” to see pricing.
- JFK – DXB (Dubai) – MLE (Male, Maldives) – DXB (Dubai) – JFK.
- One free in Dubai. Additional stopovers at $100 each.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Emirates is an Alaska Air partner. Mileage earning when crediting to Alaska is as follows:
- Flown Miles: 17,442 miles or 4.9 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 8,721 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 8,721 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Emirates link to book.
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Maldivian Rufiyaa (MVR). $1USD = 15.40 MVR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Emirates, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.