It’s been an interesting month and change of deals to Bangkok from San Francisco. Earlier last month, ANA had a fare for about $900. A few weeks ago, United had it for $858. Now it’s $826. A good trend, though, probably not going to go much lower.
Sample Travel Date:
- November 3rd – 10th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from September 1st – December 6th or December 25th – January 1st, 2015 for Monday through Thursday departures. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure and by April 23rd
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl dl nrt
- Destination: BKK
- Return Advanced Routing Code: nrt dl dl
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- SFO – PDX (Portland) – NRT (Tokyo) – BKK (Bangkok) – NRT – LAX (Los Angeles) – SFO
- Two permitted in the United States for $100 each
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Delta will be going to a revenue based mileage earning program starting January 1st, 2015. Miles will be earned based on elite qualifying dollars multiplied by 5 at the base level and up to 13 for Diamond level members who purchase with a Delta co-branded American Express credit card. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all Delta fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of Delta flyers..
- 2014: 16,914 miles or 4.9 cents per mile.
- 2015: 3,500 miles or a difference of 14,414 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Delta.
- Save $400 off your next travel purchase after signing up for the Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard®.* Earn 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days – that’s enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Aloft Hotels
- Four Points
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Le Meridien
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- W Hotels
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Thai Bhat (THB). $1USD = 32.18 THB
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.