Alitalia is running a promotion across the world where it is discounting its flights by various price points. In the US, we have a 25% off coupon. But the Alitalia Japan promotion is potentially more lucrative — 25,000 YEN off or approximately $320. You can use the code for anywhere Alitalia flies and this is where you can fly in Europe for free or almost free since flights are very competitive! Or use it to go from New York to Madrid, Spain for $284, New York to Istanbul, Turkey for under $500 or Miami to Tel Aviv, Israel for under $660.
To take advantage of this offer, it is best to use ITA Software Matrix to find your flights first. On ITA Software Matrix, enable advanced routing codes and enter “az+” to search only Alitalia availability. It is best to use a flexible month search and use a date range (e.g., 0-7 days) in the “Length of Stay” field to see best availability.
Next, go to Alitalia.com and change the site to Japan (we recommend you have two different browser open — e.g., one Firefox and one Chrome. Have one logged in to the Alitalia US site and the other on the Japanese site so you can follow along).
[Update 10/21/2012 @ 1:00AM Eastern - code is likely dead]
[Update 10/21/2012 @ 2:30AM Eastern - the best deal is now the Alitalia 25% off Coupon]
Once you have found the flights you are interested in, enter the Airport Codes for both the origination and destination — this mimics the US site completely. The date format is in DD/MM/YYYY. We used a sample London – Rome itinerary in January 2013 and it priced out to be 22,900 YEN.
With the 25,000 YEN off coupon, as you can see, it prices out to ZERO YEN! FREE!
The terms of the the promotion are:
- Book by October 26th (This promotion can be pull anytime, so hurry!)
- For travel between November 5th – March 7th
- Blackout from December 20th and January 6th, 2013
- Promo code: PROMOJP
- Book on Alitalia.com Japan site directly and enter the promo code at the E-Coupon field at checkout.
- Alitalia might not honor ZERO money fares
- We do not know consumer protection laws in Europe or Japan. So we do not know whether or not regulators in those jurisdictions will force Alitalia to honor the itineraries. It is best to not make too many firm plans. Wait a week or two before making non-refundable hotel etc reservations.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.