Here’s a super deal: Rio for about $600! We only checked our 12 coverage cities, but this seems to be available from anywhere in the United States.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York
- March 6th – 11th
- Valid for travel from February 19th – July 18th or August 4th – December 31st for departure from the United States and February 10th – June 26th or July 14th – December 18th to the United States. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing codes and enter “aa+” on both the outbound and return advanced routing code fields to search only American Airlines availability. Must purchase at least 1 day in advance of departure.
- [Update 2/12/2013 @ 11:30PM Eastern - despite the fare rule stating that there's availability beginning in August, we cannot find any availability after June]
- [Update 2/13/2013 @ 10:45AM Eastern -- if your city is not pricing out, first, do a search for Orlando to Rio de Janeiro (MCO - GIG) for $398 and then buy a positioning flight to Orlando. That will still get you to about $600 roundtrip]
- [Update 2/13/2013 @ 9:30PM Eastern - only available from Orlando (MCO) now for $458. Still a very good deal even with additional positioning flight to Orlando to catch the flight -- just remember, if you do that, you cannot skip any segment of the Orlando to Rio trip except the last segment. Otherwise, the entire itinerary will be cancelled. For example, if the Orlando to Rio's routing is Orlando - Miami - Rio - Miami - Orlando, the only segment you can skip is the Miami to Orlando segment on the return]
- JFK – GIG (Rio de Janeiro) – JFK
How to Book:
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on AA.com.
- Receive $1 back for using Ebates.com or Mr. Rebates prior to booking on AA.com
- AA’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival – $160 – $180. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Brazilian Real (BRL) $1USD = 1.96 BRL
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
For more of latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deal page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.