Transaero is one of two Russian carriers (the other being Aeroflot) that flies nonstop from Russia to the United States. Transaero flies all Boeing planes. Sub-$400 is one of the lowest fares we have seen for this route to Moscow. Do not expect much in terms of service: you’ll have to bring your own entertainment. But with this fare, you do get one free check bag up to 25 kilos (55 pounds) and carry-on of 8 kilos (17 pounds).
- February 2nd – 13th, 2013
- Valid for travel from January 15th, 2013 – March 30th, 2013. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability, enable advanced routing codes and enter “un+” on both outbound and return fields to search only for Transaero availability. Transaero operates the New York – Moscow route a few times per week. We use a date range (e.g., 3-10) on the Length of Stay field on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search to find best availability. Must purchase by December 14th, 2013.
- JFK – DME (Moscow – Domodedovo) – JFK
- 9,372 miles or 4.2 cents per mile. Transaero does not partner with anyone; as such, these miles are not that useful. We are publishing this deal because the fare is really cheap.
How to Book:
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Russian Ruble (RUB) – $1USD = 31 RUB
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.