A good sale to Ho Chi Minh City. Use this to visit the rest of Vietnam.
- October 2nd – 10th. Valid for travel from August 21st – November 30th or January 1st, 2013 – April 30th, 2013 for Monday through Thursday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability and enable advance routing code and enter “ua+” on both inbound and outbound fields to see United availability.
- LGA – ORD (Chicago) – HKG (Hong Kong) – SGN (Ho Chi Minh City) – HKG – ORD – LGA
- 18,888 miles or 5.4 cents per mile. Remember to collect your miles — this is almost enough for a domestic roundtrip ticket and only 6,200 miles away from obtaining elite status for the year!
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. However, you may have an agent arrange a visa for pick-up upon arrival at Ho Chi Minh City Airport for a $20-25 handling fee paid upfront + $25 for the visa itself (also payable upon arrival). The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport.
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 20,820 VND.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping