A two for one deal where you can visit both Sydney and Bali. If you just do Bali, it is about $80 cheaper than the listed.
- Dallas [DFW] – $778
- Phoenix [PHX] – $790
- Philadelphia [PHL] – $864
- Miami [MIA] – $869
It is best to the stopover in Sydney first then go to Bali. To find the stopover is pretty easy, use ITA to find the fare just to Bali and then use Google Flights to do the stopover in Sydney. You might have to try a few dates within the Bali and US dates to find the Sydney stopover on Google Flights. Trial and error.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Dallas
- Dallas to Sydney: April 11th
- Sydney to Bali: April 18th
- Bali to Dallas: April 25th
- Valid for travel until May or August – September. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: DFW
- For other city departures, replace DFW with airport code airport
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ua+ syd
- Destination: DPS
- Return Advanced Routing Code: syd ua+
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: DFW
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- DFW – LAX (Los Angeles) – SYD (Sydney) – DPS (Bali) – SYD – SFO (San Francisco) – IAH (Houston) – DFW. Segments between Sydney and Bali will be operated by Jetstar and will not be non-mileage earning. Do note that Jetstar is a low cost carrier and might charge you a baggage fee for the ONE individual segment between Sydney and Bali. Just be mindful of that.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- Miles Flown: 23,334 miles or 3.3 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 17,604 miles or 4.4 cents per mile
- Redeemable Miles: 3,020 miles
How to Book:
- Book on Google Flights. We have pre-populated it for you from Dallas, so just play around with dates and departure city to get pricing around your preferred dates.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD). $1USD = 1.38 AUD
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) – $1USD = 13,358 IDR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Phoenix Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Phoenix Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Philadelphia Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Philadelphia Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.