Wow! Cheapest we have seen this — cheaper than the $450ish fares from late last year.
We found availability from:
- Orlando [MCO] – $273
- New York [JFK] – $324
- Los Angeles [LAX] – $375
- Miami [MIA] – $423
Update 5/20/2015 @ 3:20AM Eastern – ITA and Priceline is not sync’ing perfectly for some dates. In those instances, use LAN and see what their +/- 3 day calendar looks like.
Update 5/20/2015 @ 12:27PM Eastern – the fare is still there. Still a lot ITA sync’ing issues.
Update 5/21/2015 @ 2:50PM Eastern – these look all gone. Congrats to all those who got in on it.
H/T: Damian B
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York
- August 19th – 24th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from late August – November 25th. All travel must be completed by December 10th. A 5 (five) day minimum stay is required. Must purchase at least 28 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: JFK
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: la+ /f bc=O
- That’s the letter O and not number zero
- Destination: IGU
- Return Advanced Routing Code: la+ /f bc=O
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For other cities, replace JFK with airport code listed above)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “4-11” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- Between US and South America: O
- Within South America: Various – B, Y, S etc
- JFK – LIM (Lima) – IGU (Iguazu Falls) – LIM- JFK
- One permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
LAN is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and American partner. Mileage earning with American is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 10,780 or 3.0 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 8,159 miles or 4.0 cents per mile
- Base Redeemable Miles: 8,159 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- Support us by using our LAN link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival – $160 – $180. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Brazilian Real (BRL) $1USD = 3.01 BRL
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, LAN, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.