Last night, we first reported the $386 sale to Jakarta from Los Angeles, San Francisco and a few other California cities. Looks like Delta is also putting Kuala Lumpur on sale for a little more. We found availability from:
- San Francisco [SFO]
- San Jose, California [SJC]
- Sacramento [SMF]
- Fresno [FAT]
ITA will price this at $479. However, we could not price it because we couldn’t find an online travel agency that will allow us to ticket an itinerary with a SilkAir segment. The next best is $515 with the segment between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur operated by Malaysia Airlines.
Update 4/16/2015 @ 2:25PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from San Francisco
- October 19th – 26th
- Valid for travel on the outbound until May or September – early December or January, 2016 – February, 2016. Limited availability in April and May. Availability is best starting October. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: sea sin
- Destination: KUL
- Return Advanced Routing Code: sin sea
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For other cities, replace SFO with airport code listed above)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- SFO – SEA (Seattle) – NRT (Tokyo) – SIN (Singapore) – KUL (Kuala Lumpur) – SIN – NRT – SEA – SFO. Flights within Asia can be operated by Garuda Indonesia, Asiana, Korean, China Air or Malaysia Air.
- Two permitted for $100 each in Asia
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 17,866 miles or 2.8 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 17,498 miles or 2.9 cents per mile
- Redeemable Miles: 1,335 miles
Unless you a Delta frequent flyer, you would earn more redeemable miles crediting this to Alaska Airlines if you take a routing that is 100% operated by Delta with Delta flight numbers. You will earn 50% mileage or 8,749 miles when crediting to Alaska with this routing. Mileage accrual will vary depending on routing.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Delta on Airline 1 and Malaysia on Airline 2. Orbitz will charge a $7 fee for multi-carrier itineraries such as this and the fee is non-refundable
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Malaysian Ringgit (MYR). $1USD = 3.64 MYR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.