Emirates is once again running their special where if you are traveling with a party of 2
or more, its only $404 per person. Last time Emirates ran this promotion in October, it was $497. So this is even better. That’s a very good deal for nonstop service between New York and Milan.
Once again, to get this price, you must travel in a party of 2
or more! If it just one person, it is $660.
Update: Our reader Faye pointed out to us that this only works for 2 passengers and not more.
Update 1/19/2015 @ 2:50PM Eastern – for United flyers, they have matched this out of Newark! United’s fare works for 2 OR MORE. So if you are a party of 3, it works. Less availability than Emirates though.
(Since there’s Canadian traffic looking at this — you might want to check out The Flight Deal Canada)
Sample Travel Date:
- February 5th – 12th
- Emirates: Valid for travel until May 10th. A Sunday stay is required with at least 3 day minimum stay. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure and by January 22nd
- United: Valid for travel from January 26th – May 10th.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
To Search for Emirates Availability:
- Use Emirates’ flexible dates option to see a week’s worth of availability.
To Search for United availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: EWR
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ua
- Destination: MXP
- Return Advanced Routing Code: ua
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- On Adults, select 2
- Length of stay “0-7” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- Emirates: T
- United: K
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- Emirates: JFK – MXP (Milan) – JFK
- United: EWR – MXP – EWR
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
Emirates is not part of any airline alliance. It is partners with Alaska Airlines.
- Flown Miles: 7,964 miles or 5.1 cents per mile
- Elite and Redeemable Miles with Alaska: 3,982 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Emirates link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- If you are traveling with a child under 12, Emirates will not price this. Instead, using the dates found on Emirates Flex Date Search, go to Priceline and book there. Remember, you have to book in 2s to get this price. So if you are a family of 4, split it in group of 2. Make sure an adult is on each itinerary.
- Book on United with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
Sample Emirates Booking for 2 Passengers:
Sample United Booking for 3 Passengers
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1USD = 0.86 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Emirates, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.