We receive a significant amount of feedback for additional coverage cities almost daily. However, we’ve been hesitant to add coverage. In order to keep our audience engaged and actually find our service useful, we need to provide the following on a consistent basis:
- Deal flow – There should be a deal every week for the coverage city, not just once every eon.
- Deal diversity – Only mileage runners wouldn’t mind that the deals are always to the same destination (not that we have anything against them). Variety is the spice of life. So is this. We are a deal site first and mileage running site somewhere in the top ten.
So, we have heard you all loud and clear! Today, we are formally introducing Fare Deal Alert to everyone. Fare Deal Alert will provide coverage for Atlanta, Charlotte, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Orlando, and San Diego.
We have been testing over the last ten months and believe we can provide between three to ten deals for each of those cities per month. Houston, Las Vegas, Charlotte and San Diego will probably see the most deals while Atlanta, Detroit and Minneapolis will be extremely difficult.
The format will be the same as The Flight Deal:
- 6 Cents Per Mile (meaning we will not post a nonstop service fare from Atlanta to Los Angeles that is more than $234 — obviously, it could cost more with connections).
- 100% elite mileage earning with American, Delta or United.
- We do not cover deals from Southwest, Spirit, Frontier or other low cost carriers.
- International bias over domestic in terms of deal curation
On a typical day, you can expect between one and three deal posts. Fare Deal Alert is currently using version 1 of The Flight Deal template for the dealsheet. Over time, we will get it to the same dealsheet template as The Flight Deal for the same look and feel.
Why another site? There are a few reasons:
- The Flight Deal is about volume! For every TFD coverage city, we guarantee a minimum of 10 deal posts a month. New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington D.C. are guaranteed a daily deal. We cannot guarantee a minimum of 10 posts a month with the new coverage cities let alone a daily deal.
- Timing — having a different brand will allow us to better manage distribution of Fare Deal Alert posts via the social media channels.
- Internal challenge — who can do it better? Team Flight Deal? Team Fare Deal Alert? This keeps it interesting here!
So if you are from one of the ten new coverage cities above, visit Fare Deal Alert, follow it on Facebook or Twitter or signup for its newsletter (like The Flight Deal, once a day at 3PM Eastern. No spam ever).
Thanks for the continuing support. We couldn’t be where we are today without YOU!
– M, J, J, W, E, K, J, L, R, J, R, V (The Flight Deal + Fare Deal Alert Team).
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.