Georgetown in general is not a tourist destination. But this is a very cheap fare to Guyana if you need to visit. Bring cash — there’s no ATM on arrival. There is only one Scotiabank ATM in Georgetown from which you can use your ATM card to withdraw cash.
- October 4th – 8th. Valid for travel August 15th – December 14th. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase 21 days in advance of departure. Delta only operates this flight to Georgetown on Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- JFK – GEO (Georgetown) – JFK.
- 5,090 miles or 6.0 cents per mile
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Delta.com
- Delta’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – not required
- Currency: Guyanese Dollar (GYD) $1USD = 201GYD. USD widely accepted.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping