KLM has bought back the sales to South Africa. It isn’t as good as the sales before when it was under $800, but South Africa for under $1,000 is still a very good deal.
- May 3rd – 10th. Valid for travel until May 31st or August 11th – October 25th. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by May 15th.
- JFK – AMS (Amsterdam) – JNB (Johannesburg) – AMS – JFK
- 18,464 miles or 5.0 cents per mile. KLM partners with Delta and is the national airline of the Netherlands. This fare will credit 100% mileage with Delta SkyMiles. With 18,464 miles, that’s almost enough for a free domestic ticket; remember to provide them your Delta SkyMiles number at checkin to receive your miles. DO NOT CREDIT THIS TO KLM’s program, as it will only earn 25%. Credit to Delta!
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Search and book on KLM.com
- Visa: US Citizens – not required
- Currency: Rand – $1USD = 8 South African Rand (ZAR)
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping