This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
Happy New Year! Here’s a complete list of all the deals we posted in 2016 – the basic data points we track are date published, origination, destination, airline, price, and whether it’s an domestic or international flight.
Thank you for all your support, what we do wouldn’t be possible with all of you. Many thanks.
2016 Deals by City:
- New York – 848 (+155 vs 2015)
- San Francisco – 596 (-1 vs 2015)
- Los Angeles – 634 (-2 vs 2015)
- Washington D.C. – 619 (+23 vs 2015)
- Chicago – 583 (+16 vs 2015)
- Dallas – 519 (-18 vs 2015)
- Philadelphia – 474 (-8 vs 2015)
- Seattle – 464 (+120 vs 2015)
- Boston – 517 (+76 vs 2015)
- Miami – 581 (+53 vs 2015)
- Portland – 427 (+165 vs 2015)
- Phoenix – 458 (+110 vs 2015)
In late 2015, we committed to delivering at least one deal a day to our 12 coverage cities. And on average, we managed to do that. Going daily for Portland and Phoenix is the reason mainly for the growth versus there being more deals.
Seattle saw a big increase – that can be attributed to three things:
- Delta made it a hub, and as a result, American and United are aggressive attacking it
- The 3 major airline alliance’s willingness to match Icelandair’s fares to Europe
- Delta’s weakness over the Pacific resulting in lower than normal nonstop fares to China, Hong Kong and Taiwan
Miami saw a big increase – that can be attributed to a few things:
- Matching of Qatar and Turkish fares to Middle East, Southeast Asia and Africa by the three major alliances
- Low fares to Europe thanks to Norwegian being up the block in Fort Lauderdale
- American’s willingness to match Spirit’s fares between Miami and a few selected cities.
Cities with modest or negative growth is probably at the upper limit of deals.
Here’s The Flight deal 2016 Deal List:
And here’s the URL link to get it full screen – The Flight Deal 2016 Deal List.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.