A good sale to Guangzhou. It is $528 from Portland while Phoenix is $574.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Portland
- October 25th – November 1st
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Portland: Valid for travel on the outbound from mid October – November for Monday through Thursday departure and returns. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Phoenix: Valid for travel on the outbound until early December. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: PDX
- For Phoenix availability, replace PDX with PHX on the Departing from: field
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- Destination: CAN
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: PDX
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- PDX – LAX (Los Angeles) – PVG (Shanghai) – CAN (Guangzhou) – PVG (Shanghai) – LAX – PDX. Segments within China will be operated by China Southern, China Eastern or Shanghai Airlines.
- Two permitted for $100 each.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 16,098 miles or 3.3 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 16,098 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 2,110 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “Delta” on the Airline textbox under the Advanced Options section of the form.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. $140. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) – $1USD = 6.67 CNYP
- How to Visit Shanghai or Beijing for Up to 72 Hours without a Visa
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Phoenix Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Phoenix Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Portland Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Portland Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.