Delta is attacking American’s fares to Tokyo. This. Will. Not. Last.
Here are some practical travel tips to Tokyo.
Update 8/10/2016 @ 8:35PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- August 31st – September 7th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from August 31st – October for Sunday through Thursday departures. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: DFW
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- Destination: TYO
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- DFW – DTW (Detroit) – NRT (Tokyo – Narita) – DTW – DFW. Availability to both HND and NRT, use TYO on the To: field on Priceline to search for both.
- Two permitted for $100 each.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 14,726 miles or 3.8 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 14,726 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 2,300 miles
Unless you are a Delta frequent flyer, you would earn more redeemable miles crediting this to Alaska Airlines if you take a routing that is 100% operated by Delta with Delta flight numbers. You will earn 50% mileage or 7,363 miles when crediting to Alaska with this routing. Mileage accrual will vary depending on routing.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “Delta” on the Airline textbox under the Advanced Options section of the form.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Japanese Yen (JPY). $1USD = 102 JPY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.