[FARE GONE] The Shorthaul – Air Canada – $43 ONE-WAY: New York – Toronto, Canada. ONE-WAY, including all Taxes
Air Canada has a $174 roundtrip fare between New York and Toronto but with a $40 off coupon from Vayama, you can get it down to $138.
To get the $138 price, you need to buy it as two one ways:
- LaGuardia to Toronto segment: buy on Vayama using a coupon code to get it to $43 (see “How to Book” section below for all the details)
- ITA will price the ONE-WAY at $68, however, Vayama will price it $83. So it will be $43 after the discount.
- Toronto to LaGuardia segment: buy on Priceline at $95.
- That’s $43 + $95 or $138.
Fares between to the US and Canadian tends to be a few dollars cheaper when purchased as two one-ways. This also works from Toronto to New York as long as you buy it as two one-ways. $138 USD at today’s exchange rate is about $179 CAD
The Vayama coupon does not work with American, Delta, United, British Airways, jetBlue, LAN or TAM flights.
What is The Shorthaul? It is our irregular feature of deals under $200 and 3,000 miles roundtrip.
Update 8/4/2016 @ 5:25PM Eastern – Vayama just added Air Canada to the list of airlines this isn’t valid for.
Sample Travel Date:
- September 23rd – 26th
- Valid for travel from September – early December. Must purchase at least 30 days in advance of departure and by August 5th
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LGA
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ac
- Destination: YYZ
- Return Advanced Routing Code: ac
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- LGA – YYZ (Toronto) – LGA
Air Canada is a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. Mileage earning with United is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 712 miles
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 712 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 356 miles
How to Book:
YOU WILL BE BOOKING TWO ONE-WAYS TO GET THE $138 PRICE.
For the LaGuardia to Toronto ONE-WAY:
- Support us by using our Vayama link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Remember to enter promo code “GAMES40” at checkout to receive the price.
For Toronto to LaGuardia ONE-WAY
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “United” on the Airline textbox under the Advanced Options section of the form.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Canadian Dollar (CAD). $1USD = 1.31 CAD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Vayama, Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.