A good sale for nonstop service to Tokyo for Fall, Winter and early Spring travel.
There are 5 airlines serving this route nonstop (All Nippon Airways, American, Delta, Japan Airlines and United). We have seen this route go on sale with some frequency this year for under $600. No other city in the US see this much competition to Tokyo.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample with United
- September 19th – 26th
- United: Valid for travel on the outbound from September – early December or January, 2017 – March, 2017 for Sunday through Thursday departures and returns. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Delta: Valid for travel on the outbound from September – October for Sunday through Thursday departures and returns. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ua
- For Delta availability, replace ua with dl on both the Outbound and Return Advanced Routing Code fields
- Destination: TYO
- Return Advanced Routing Code: ua
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- United: K
- Delta: V
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- LAX – NRT (Tokyo) – LAX.
- Use TYO on the To: field on Priceline to search availability to (HND) Haneda and (NRT) Narita — fare is available to both.
- United: Two permitted at $100 each. None in Guam.
- Delta: Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- V Class
- Miles Flown: 10,870 miles or 4.5 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 10,870 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 2,000 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “United” or “Delta” on the Airline textbox under the Advanced Options section of the form.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Japanese Yen (JPY). $1USD = 102.18 JPY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.