United / Air Canada / American – Starting $425: United States – Europe. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
United and its partners (Air Canada, Lufthansa, Swiss etc) are putting Europe on sale from the $400s for September and October travel. The lowest we found was Istanbul from San Francisco for $425. Most are in the upper $500s (Spain) to lower $600s (France and Italy).
Here’s what we found:
- Dublin [DUB]
- Shannon [SNN]
- Istanbul [IST]
- Madrid [MAD]
- Barcelona [BCN]
- Paris [CDG]
- Rome [FCO]
- Amsterdam [AMS]
- Munich [MUC]
- London [LHR]
- Lisbon [LIS]
- Prague [PRG]
- Budapest [BUD]
- Athens [ATH]
- There could be others; this is based on our quick check
Not all of the above is available from every departure city. This is a NATIONWIDE sale though and it is available from almost every city with service, so check yours. A 7 day stay is required.
Prices will vary by departure and destination. But this sale is below the norm for all destinations.
Update 6/26/2016 @ 10:10PM Eastern – American matched a lot of destinations such as Paris, Amsterdam etc. And yes, AA is even available from their hubs like Dallas.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Los Angeles – Rome on Air Canada
- September 5th – 12th
- Valid for travel on the outbound until from September – early December or January, 2017 – March, 2017 for Sunday through Wednesday departures from the United States and Monday through Thursday departures to the United States. A 7 day minimum stay is required. Must purchase at least 28 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- For availability from other cities, replace LAX with your departure city’s airport code
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ac+ /f bc=k
- For United availability, replace ac+ /f bc=k with ua+ /f bc=k on both the Outbound and Return Advanced Routing Code fields
- For American availability, replace ac+ /f bc=k with aa+ /f bc=O on both the Outbound and Return Advanced Routing Code fields
- That’s the letter O and not number zero
- Destination: FCO
- For other destinations, replace FCO with cities listed above.
- Return Advanced Routing Code: ac+ /f bc=k
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: LAX
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- LAX – YUL (Montreal) – FCO (Rome) – YUL – LAX
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 13,110 miles or 4.8 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 13,110 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 6,555 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “United” on the Airline textbox under the Advanced Options section of the form.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined or Orbitz) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Anantara Resorts
- Country Inns and Suites
- Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- Fairmont, Swissotel, Raffles
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Marriott International
- Marriott, JW Marriott, Courtyard y Marriott, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Springhill Suites, Delta Hotels, Moxy, AC Hotels, TownePlace, Autograph Collection, Protea Hotels
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- Radisson Hotels
- Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Hotel Missioni
- Riu Hotels - All inclusive hotels in the Caribbean, Mexico and Europe
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- Sheraton, Westin, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, Le Meridien, Design Hotels, Tribute, Element, Aloft, Four Points
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required for most but some like Turkey do need one. Check travel.state.gov for exact requirements for each country.. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Check XE for currency of destination.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.