A good sale to Iceland. WOW Air, the Icelandic low cost carrier run these specials with some frequency.
Be mindful of their fees. If you are traveling with anything more than a small backpack that is less than 11 pounds, you should prepay for luggage at $48 per leg or $96 roundtrip. WOW Air WILL CHECK the weight of each bag. So realistically, the cheapest for most travelers is $350 roundtrip.
Here are some practical travel tips to Iceland.
Sample Travel Date:
- September 18th – 21st
- We found availability in from September – early December
How to Search for Availability:
- Use the WOW Air flexible date calendar to find availability.
- BWI – KEF (Reykjavik) – BWI
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 5,524 miles or 4.5 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Book on WOW Air. WOW’s calendar is quasi-broken. If it shows you $99 outbound but when you click on it and it shows a higher price, enter the dates on Google Flights will price correctly.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Icelandic Krona (ISK). $1USD = 125 ISK
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.