New Zealand and Australia are the hardest places for deals. In almost 11,000 deal posts, there has been less than 15 deals to NZ or Australia. Works for a long New Years getaway.
Sample Travel Date:
- December 29th – January 11th, 2016
- Valid for travel outbound from late December to January, 2016. Travel must be completed by February, 2016. A 10 day stay minimum seems to be required. Must purchase at least 3 day in advance of departure. Fare is not searchable on ITA — so we will provide some dates below.
- December 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th
- January 3rd, 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
- January 6th, 7th, 11th, 18th, 20th, 21st, 24th, 27th, 28th
- February 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th
- There could be other dates, but these are the ones we found.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
- SFO – SYD (Sydney) – AKL (Auckland) – SYD – SFO
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Qantas is an American partner. Mileage earning with American is as follows for travel after January 1st, 2016.
- Miles Flown: 17,522 miles or 5.0 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 8,761 miles (4,380 miles if before January 1st, 2016)
- Redeemable Miles: 4,380 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “Qantas” on the Airline textbox under the Advanced Options section of the form.
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – Not Required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: New Zealand Dollar (NZD). $1USD = 1.55 NZD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.