[FARE GONE] Alaska / Hainan – $398 – $480: Selected US Cities – Beijing, China. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
At the moment, if you purchase tickets on Expedia on a combination of Alaska and Hainan Airlines to Beijing from most cities in the US, it is pricing between $390 and $480 for travel until early October.
We found availability from:
- San Francisco [SFO] – under $400
- Portland [PDX] – under $400
- Los Angeles [LAX] – under $400
- Atlanta [ATL] – under $400
- Newark [EWR] – under $480
- Denver [DEN] – under $400
- Las Vegas [LAS] – under $400
- San Diego [SAN] – under $400
There could be others, these are just the ones we checked quickly. But basically, Expedia is pricing $200 – $300 below the norm. The key here is that it has to be on Alaska to Seattle then Hainan from Seattle to Beijing. Hainan is the 4th largest airline in China and probably the best rank in terms of service as per SkyTrax. Here’s a list of cities that Alaska serve from Seattle — scroll to the middle.
This probably work better from the West Coast than the East Coast since Alaska’s presence is almost non-existent in the East Coast.
Update 9/7/2015 @ 7:06AM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- September 22nd – 29th (We used this date for all the cities above for the sample price)
- Valid for travel until early October.
- Alaska: L
- Hainan: N
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- US – SEA (Seattle) – PEK (Beijing) – SEA – US. The segments within the US will be operated by Alaska and is mileage earning. The segment between Seattle and Beijing is operated by Hainan and will be non-mileage earning
- Miles Flown: 12,698 miles or 3.1 cents per mile (from Los Angeles)
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Expedia link to book.
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. $140. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) – $1USD = 6.39 CNY
- How to Visit Shanghai or Beijing for Up to 72 Hours without a Visa
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use Expedia, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.