The PR reps for WOW at Weber Shandwick sent us a press release announcing WOW’s $99 one-way’s from Boston and Baltimore to Paris or Amsterdam earlier today. The PR release sounds great…at first.
It is $99 from the Boston or Baltimore to Paris or Amsterdam. However, the cheapest fare we found coming back from Paris or Amsterdam was in the mid $240s. (If you have miles and want to use those to get back, AA saver awards from Europe to the US requires 20K miles while United needs 30K miles). This is still a very good deal if you’re paying $240 for the return.
Remember, WOW charges for everything. We HIGHLY recommend you prepay for your luggage. A 20 kilo (~44 pounds) checked bag is $67. They only allow ONE personal item to carry-on and it cannot be more than 5 kilos (or ~11 pounds) for free. A team member recently flew them to Iceland. While a pleasant experience, be mindful that they will check and weigh your personal item and anything you check in!
And no, we are not being compensated for this post from WOW or their PR agency.
- Per WOW’s Press Release, here’s when you can expect to find the $99 one-ways
- Based on lowest one-way fare from BWI to Amsterdam including taxes and charges, booked on www.wowair.com. Available for travel from BWI on Thursdays from October 1 through December 10, 2015 and January 10 through March 10, 2016. Restrictions and baggage fees may apply.
- Based on lowest one-way fare from BWI to Paris including taxes and charges, booked on www.wowair.com. Available for travel from BWI on Sundays from October 1 through December 13, 2015 and January 10 through March 10, 2016. Restrictions and baggage fees may apply.
- Based on lowest one-way fare from BOS to Amsterdam including taxes and charges, booked on www.wowair.com. Available for travel from BOS on Sundays from October 1 through December 13, 2015 and January 10 through March 10, 2016. Restrictions and baggage fees may apply.
- Based on lowest one-way fare from BOS to Paris including taxes and charges, booked on www.wowair.com. Available for travel from BOS on Thursdays from October 1 through December 12, 2015 and January 10 through March 10, 2016. Restrictions and baggage fees may apply.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use the WOW Air flexible date calendar to find availability.
- BOS – KEF (Reykjavik) – CDG (Paris)
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 3,809 miles or 2.5 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Book on WOW Air.
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined or Orbitz) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Anantara Resorts
- Country Inns and Suites
- Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- Fairmont, Swissotel, Raffles
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Marriott International
- Marriott, JW Marriott, Courtyard y Marriott, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Springhill Suites, Delta Hotels, Moxy, AC Hotels, TownePlace, Autograph Collection, Protea Hotels
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- Radisson Hotels
- Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Hotel Missioni
- Riu Hotels - All inclusive hotels in the Caribbean, Mexico and Europe
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- Sheraton, Westin, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, Le Meridien, Design Hotels, Tribute, Element, Aloft, Four Points
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR) . $1USD = 0.90 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Boston Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Boston Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.