WOW Air, the low cost carrier from Iceland is selling sub $300 roundtrip tickets to Iceland again. Be mindful of their fees. If you are traveling with anything more than a small backpack, you should prepay for luggage at $48 per leg or $96 roundtrip. So realistically, the cheapest for most travelers is $380 roundtrip.
Here’s a trip report on WOW Air from Jaunted. We really recommend you prepay for luggage. Even at $380, it is still a good deal relative to normal pricing to Iceland which usually runs over $500 even on sale. This does not earn any miles.
Sample Travel Date:
- October 23rd – 28th
- We found availability in October and January, 2016 – March, 2016
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use the WOW Air flexible date calendar to find availability.
- BWI – KEF (Reykjavik) – BWI
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 5,524 miles or 5.1 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Book on WOW Air.
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Icelandic Krona (ISK). $1USD = 132 ISK
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.