Delta – $262: Portland / Nashville / Columbus / Oklahoma City / Omaha / Indianapolis / Louisville / Albuquerque / Des Moines / Fargo – Cancun, Mexico. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
Delta is putting Cancun on sale from a lot of cities. This is new to these cities — we posted a few deals around this price from American and United hubs the last two weeks on American and United.
Here are some cities we found availability from:
- Portland [PDX]
- Nashville [BNA]
- Columbus [CMH]
- Omaha [OMA]
- Oklahoma City [OKC]
- Indianapolis [IND]
- Louisville [SDF]
- Albuquerque [ABQ]
- Des Moines [DSM]
- Fargo [FAR]
Based on the sample above, it is likely to available from others too.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Portland
- August 21st – 24th
- Valid for travel in August with a 3 day stay minimum. Must purchase at least 50 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: PDX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- Destination: CUN
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For availability from other cities, replace PDX with airport code listed above on the Departing from: field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- PDX – LAX (Los Angeles) – CUN (Cancun) – LAX – PDX
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 5,898 miles or 4.4 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 5,898 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 660 miles
Unless you are a Delta frequent flyer, you would earn more redeemable miles crediting this to Alaska Airlines if you take a routing that is 100% operated by Delta with Delta flight numbers. You will earn 50% mileage or 2,949 miles when crediting to Alaska with this routing. Mileage accrual will vary depending on routing.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Delta
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Mexican Peso (MXN) – $1USD = 15.54 MXN
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Portland Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Portland Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.