United is putting Central America on sale from a bunch of a cities. We found availability from the following:
- San Francisco [SFO]
- Newark [EWR] – No San Jose [SJO]
- Boston [BOS]
- Philadelphia [PHL]
- Baltimore [BWI]
- Washington D.C. [IAD or DCA] – No San Jose [SJO]
- Chicago [ORD] – No Costa Rica or Belize
- Dallas [DFW]
- Miami [MIA]
- Phoenix [PHX]
- Los Angeles [LAX] – Available just to Honduras and Panama.
- Santa Ana [SNA]
- Charlotte [CLT]
- San Diego [SAN]
- Denver [DEN]
- Kansas City [MCI]
- St. Louis [STL]
- Orlando [MCO]
- Las Vegas [LAS]
- Nashville [BNA]
- Liberia, Costa Rica [LIR] – $358
- San Jose, Costa Rica [SJO] – $358
- Belize [BZE] – $373
- San Pedro Sula, Honduras [SAP] – $374
- San Salvador, El Salvador [SAL] – $374
- Panama City, Panama City [PTY] – $377
- Managua, Nicaragua [MGA] – $384
- Guatemala [GUA] – $384
We did a quick check for availability to/from the above cities; there could be other cities but these are the ones we found. We found San Jose to be not available from Newark and DC. However, it is entirely possible that other destinations below are not available from the cities listed above.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from San Francisco to San Jose
- October 1st – 7th
- Valid for travel from September 1st – December 15th. Must purchase by April 1st (TODAY)
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: iah
- Destination: SJO
- Return Advanced Routing Code: iah
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For other cities, replace SFO with the airport codes listed above)
- (For destinations, replace SJO with the ones listed above)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- SFO – IAH (Houston) – SJO (San Jose) – IAH – SFO.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 6,374 miles or 5.6 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 6,374 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 1,280 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “United” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – Not Required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Varies. Check XE.COM
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.