A very good sale to Morocco.
Be mindful of DIRECT flights (just to be clear, DIRECT does NOT equal NONSTOP). Direct to most equal nonstop. However, when it comes to airlines, in addition to nonstop, it is also when two or more consecutive flights share the same flight number. For example, on this itinerary, you can save $15 and fly this San Francisco – Miami – Madrid // Madrid – Miami – San Francisco on flight #68 outbound and flight #69 on the return. That’s DIRECT in airline speak.
By saving $15, you not only fly further but lose out on a lot of miles. Because it is DIRECT, airlines will only credit you the distance of San Francisco – Madrid and vice versa, not San Francisco – Miami – Madrid. The difference in how it is credited is about 1,200 miles each way or 2,400 miles roundtrip.
Sample Travel Date:
- April 13th – 20th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from March 26th – May 16th or August 28th – October for Sunday through Thursday departures from the United States and Monday through Thursday departures to the United States. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: aa+
- Destination: RAK
- Return Advanced Routing Code: aa+
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- SFO – DFW (Dallas) – MAD (Madrid) – RAK (Marrakech) – MAD – DFW – SFO
- Three permitted. One for free and additional at $80 each.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 14,160 miles or 5.1 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select American
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Moroccan Dirham (MAD). $1USD = 9.24 MAD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.