The Shorthaul – Delta / JetBlue – $167 – $197: New York – Jacksonsville / Fort Lauderdale / Orlando / West Palm / Sarasota / Fort Myers (and vice versa). Roundtrip, including all Taxes
JetBlue and Delta is going at it with fares to/from selected cities in Florida.
Here are the prices for each city (JetBlue is $1 more than Delta)
- Jacksonville [JAX] – $167
- Fort Lauderdale [FLL] – $177
- Orlando [MCO] – $177
- West Palm Beach [PBI] – $187
- Sarasota [SRQ] – $187
- Fort Myers [RSW] – $197
Availability to every city except Sarasota is pretty good in October. All travel must be to/from JFK.
What is The Shorthaul? It is our irregular feature of deals under $200 and 3,000 miles roundtrip.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample to Orlando with Delta
- October 2nd – 6th
- Valid for travel until October 31st. Must purchase at least 21 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: JFK
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl
- Destination: MCO
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For JetBlue availability, replace dl with b6 on the Advanced Routing Code fields)
- (For other cities, replace MCO with the airport code from above)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- $137.68 (slight more or less depending on destination)
- JFK – MCO (Orlando) – JFK
Delta will be revenue based mileage earning starting January 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 13 for Diamond level members who purchase with a Delta co-branded American Express credit card. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all Delta fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of Delta flyers.
- 2014: 1,876 miles
- 2015: 688 miles or a difference of 1,188 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Expedia link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Advanced options” and then select “Delta” or “JetBlue” on Preferred Airline
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Expedia, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.