Avianca has a good fare to Santiago de Chile. A few things about this fare:
- When you search for it on ITA, it will show $703. As long as your dates are $703, it will price at $651 on Expedia.
- On ITA, it will show the segments between Lima and Santiago de Chile as operated by LAN. Expedia will price this with Avianca.
Sample Travel Date:
- November 11th – 18th
- Valid for travel from October – November. Must purchase at least 3 day in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: IAD
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: sal lim
- Destination: SCL
- Return Advanced Routing Code: lim sal
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- IAD – SAL (San Salvador) – LIM (Lima) – SCL (Santiago de Chile) – LIM – SAL – IAD
- One permitted for free. Additional at $50 per stopover.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 10,754 miles or 6.0 cents per mile. Avianca is a member of the Star Alliance and United / Air Canada partner. This fare will earn 50% mileage with United. It will earn 100% mileage with Air Canada’s Aeroplan program.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Expedia link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Chilean Peso (CLP). $1USD = 583 CLP
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Expedia, accommodation, car rental, activities or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.