A good sale to Costa Rica. Since mid-2012, we have found a total of six deals from Los Angeles to San Jose, Costa Rica. So it isn’t something that happens too often.
This does not meet our 6 cents per mile criterion. Just a cheap ticket.
H/T: TProphet from Seat31B.
Sample Travel Date:
- September 5th – 8th
- Valid for travel from September 1st – December 12th. Must purchase at least 1 day in advance of departure
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: am+
- Destination: SJO
- Return Advanced Routing Code: am+
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- LAX – MEX (Mexico City) – SJO (San Jose) – MEX – LAX.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 5,490 miles. Aeromexico is a member of the SkyTeam Alliance and Delta partner. This fare will earn 100% mileage with Delta. For those interested in Alaska accrual, it’s only 50% with them.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Expedia link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Advanced options” and then select “Aeromexico” on Preferred Airline
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – Not Required. There is a departure tax of $29. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Costa Rican Colon (CRC). $1USD = 532 CRC
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Expedia, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.