Copa / Avianca – $398 – $555: New York / Washington D.C / Miami / Orlando / Boston / Los Angeles / Chicago – Cuzco, Peru. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
Last month, we posted this same deal to Cuzco. We didn’t think it would last this long, but per the fare rules, it will finally expire this upcoming Sunday, July 20th.
Here are the prices for each departure city:
- Washington D.C. (IAD) – $398
- Miami (MIA) – $406
- Orlando (MCO) – $442
- New York (JFK) – $483
- Boston (BOS) – $534
- Chicago (ORD) – $537
- Los Angeles (LAX) – $555
If you planning on doing this and want to hike the Inca trail, you will need a permit. The permit is capacity controlled, so definitely check that along with airfare availability to make sure you can actually hike.
ITA is pricing this a few dollars more than what you can book on Orbitz. When you are on Orbitz, it will price $6 more than what ITA shows, but if you click through to purchase, it will show the prices above.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York!
- September 2nd – 9th
- Valid for travel from August 25th – October 25th. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure and by July 20th
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: JFK
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: pty lim
- Destination: CUZ
- Return Advanced Routing Code: lim pty
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For other departure cities, replace JFK with the city above)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- Copa: L
- Avianca: P
- JFK – PTY (Panama City) – LIM (Lima) – CUZ (Cuzco) – LIM – PTY – JFK. Segments between Lima and Cuzco will be operated by Avianca or its affiliates.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 8,078 miles or 6.0 cents per mile. Copa and Avianca are members of the Star Alliance and United partner. This fare will earn 100% mileage with United.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Copa Airlines on Airline 1 and Avianca on Airline 2
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Country Inns and Suites
- Design Hotels
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Marriott International
- Marriott, JW Marriott, Courtyard y Marriott, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Springhill Suites, Delta Hotels, Moxy, AC Hotels, TownePlace, Autograph Collection, Protea Hotels.
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- Radisson Hotels
- Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Hotel Missioni
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Peruvian Nuveo Sol (PEN) $1USD = 2.77 PEN
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.