Emirates has a $590 fare to Kuwait from New York. Kuwait isn’t on most people’s tour maps. However, taking advantage of the 2 stopovers in the fare rules, it is possible to visit Milan and Dubai for about $300 more!
You don’t have to do both stopovers but you must go to Kuwait first. So it is possible to do Milan and Kuwait or Dubai and Kuwait.
Sample Travel Date:
- September 18th: JFK – Milan (MXP)
- September 26th: MXP – Kuwait (KWI)
- September 27th: KWI – Dubai (DXB)
- October 3rd: DXB – JFK
- Valid for travel from September – October 31st or April 1st, 2015 – June 4th, 2015 for Thursday through Saturday departures from the United States and Friday through Sunday departures to the United States. Must purchase by July 15th
How to Search for Availability:
To find availability, first search for availability between JFK and Kuwait. Once you find availability, then do stopovers inside that availability — it is all trial and error so play with the dates. ITA is not sync’ing perfectly with Emirates with stopover pricing. ITA is pricing this at $780 while the best we could do on Emirates was $920. With the 5% off promotion from Alaska Airlines, this is $882.
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: JFK
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ek+
- Destination: KWI
- Return Advanced Routing Code: ek+
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- U and L
- JFK – MXP (Milan – Stopover 1) – DXB (Dubai – Connection) – KWI (Kuwait – Destination) – DXB (Stopover 2) – JFK
- Unlimited permitted. Two for free and additional at $100
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 14,833 or 5.9 cents per mile. Emirates is an Alaska Air partner. This fare normally would earn 50% mileage with Alaska. However, with the double miles promotion for flights until November 30th, you will earn 100% mileage for the entire itinerary. Remember to register by July 15th. Promo link – Emirates double miles promotion with Alaska Air. Bonus miles are not elite status miles — you will only earn 7,416 status miles with but 14,833 redeemable miles when crediting to Alaska.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Emirates link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- Enter promo code USALK14 on the promo code box to receive 5% off. The discount is valid for travel until November 30th and bookings by July 15th.
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Country Inns and Suites
- Design Hotels
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Marriott International
- Marriott, JW Marriott, Courtyard y Marriott, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Springhill Suites, Delta Hotels, Moxy, AC Hotels, TownePlace, Autograph Collection, Protea Hotels.
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- Radisson Hotels
- Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Hotel Missioni
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Various. Check XE.COM
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.