The Iguazu Falls deal that we posted from Miami on early Friday morning (like 12:45AM early) also works from New York and Los Angeles for around the same price. Jamison from Points Summary and The Real Mitz on Twitter found these yesterday afternoon. Thanks for the heads up guys. Appreciate the tip!
This fare is not searchable on ITA, so we cannot provide exact fare rules or exact pricing. Based on spot checks (we cannot possibly check every date combination), prices are around $500. We seen it as low as $440 and as high as $540.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York
- September 16th – 23rd
- We found availability from September – December.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use the +/-3 date function Orbitz. It isn’t on ITA unfortunately, so finding it can be a pain.
- JFK – SCL (Santiago de Chile) – IGU (Iguazu Falls) – GRU (Sao Paulo) – SCL – JFK. There are options via Santiago de Chile, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Bogota then Lima and so on.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 13,464 miles or 3.3 cents per mile. LAN is a member of the Oneworld alliance and American partner. As far as we know, there isn’t a fare class with LAN that does not earn 100% mileage with American on US – South American segments and at least 25% mileage on the intra-South American segments. Assuming that, this sample routing will earn 11,011 miles or 4.0 cents per mile.
- From New York, the maximum mileage accrual on American will be taking the JFK – SCL nonstops.
- From Los Angeles, going via LAX-LIM is not a bad option as it is over 8,000 miles roundtrip.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and LAN
- Save $400 off your next travel purchase after signing up for the Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard®.* Earn 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days – that’s enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Aloft Hotels
- Country Inns and Suites
- Four Points
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Le Meridien
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- Radisson Hotels
- Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Hotel Missioni
- W Hotels
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival – $160 – $180. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Brazilian Real (BRL) $1USD = 2.22 BRL
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.