LAN – Under $900: New York / Miami – Buenos Aires, Argentina / Santiago de Chile, Chile. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
We have been fielding a lot of requests for Summer travel deals! This is one of the most expensive Summer travel seasons we have seen. Even our normal go-to during Summer — California is expensive (we know, because we just paid $600 for a July ticket)
LAN, the largest airline group in South America and we believed to be the best carrier option to South America, just announced a last minute sale to South America for Summer travel (their Winter). We think this is a decent fare normally to Argentina or Chile, but for our Summer travel, it pretty good deal and you will definitely get more bang for your buck in South America than say Europe.
This does not meet our 6 cents per mile criterion but for summer travel we’re posting it anyways!
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York – Buenos Aires
- June 9th – 17th
- Valid for travel from June 1st – November 26th. There is also blackout dates around 4th of July travel, mid-July – early August and mid-September. Must purchase by April 15th
How to Search for Availability:
- This fare is only searchable on LAN.COM. They do have a weekly calendar view of fare availability after you enter your dates.
- N or O
- JFK – SCL (Santiago de Chile) – EZE (Buenos Aires) – JFK.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 11,087 miles. LAN is a member of the Oneworld alliance and American partner. This fare will earn 100% mileage with American for the US to/from South America segments and 25% for the intra-South America segment. On this particular itinerary, you would earn 10,555 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our LAN link to book. (You can cancel risk free within 24 hours of booking)
- Save $400 off your next travel purchase after signing up for the Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard®.* Earn 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days – that’s enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Aloft Hotels
- Four Points
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Le Meridien
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- W Hotels
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – Entry Fee – $160. Argentinean entry fee for Americans must be paid prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Argentine Peso (ARS) $1USD = 8.00 ARS (This is the official rate, you probably can do a lot better if you look)
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Chilean Peso (CLP). $1USD = 550 CLP
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the LAN, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.