SHAREShare on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+1Share on LinkedIn0Share on StumbleUpon0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

Last night, if you follow us on Twitter, you would’ve seen that we tweet’ed this:

2014-01-14_usaa

Anyways, taking advantage of the same, you can fly American under US Airways code from Los Angeles to Tokyo for $461. This is a result of initial codesharing problems and will not last!

Other prices by city:

• Chicago – $874
  • Philadelphia – $818
  • Phoenix – $687
  • Charlotte – $811
  • Miami – $932
  • Dallas – $935
  • New York – $950
  • Boston – $857

As you can see, Los Angeles is the cheapest.

Update 1/14/2014 @ 11:55AM Eastern – deal gone.

View of Tokyo Tower, Tokyo, Japan Photo: apple 94, used under Creative Commons License (By 2.0)

Sample Travel Date:

• April 1st – 9th

Fare Availability:

• We saw availability from April to November. (Well, prices are crazy high from May to August).

How to Search for Availability:

Routing:

• LAX – PHX (Phoenix) – ORD (Chicago) – NRT (Tokyo) – ORD – PHX – LAX. And yes, to get this pricing, you need to take this routing. If you book far in the future and there’s a schedule change, you can always use this method to get something more direct – My flight’s schedule changed.. what do I do?

Stopover:

Mileage:

• 16,168 miles or 2.9 cents per mile. American flyers will earn 100% mileage with this fare.

How to Book:

• Use Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select US Airways on the advance flight options section. If Priceline stops working, try ebookers.co.uk.

2014-01-14_nrt

Accommodations

For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.

Car Rentals

Background Information:

• Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
  • Currency: Japanese Yen (JPY). $1USD = 103 JPY

Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:

For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:

* The Flight Deal will receive a small commission if you use the accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.

=====

To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDeal, or subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)

The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.

Stay Informed on the Latest Deals

Sign up to receive The Flight Deal Daily DealsLetter, to stay up to date with the latest and greatest flight deals available.

written by

The author didn‘t add any Information to his profile yet.

12 Responses to "US Airways – Starting $461: Los Angeles / Chicago / Boston / Phoenix / Dallas – Tokyo, Japan. Roundtrip, including all Taxes"

1. clayd333 says:

I thought you didn’t get points and were not eligible for upgrades on priceline?

2. aaron says:

Deal is DEAD.

3. Miah says:

I got an April ticket on price line. It wasn’t available to purchase anywhere else. Now it looks like the fair is gone. It looks like its operated by american, do you think I can use a SWU?

4. allie says:

I tried purchasing 2 RT tickets. I input all my info, and they gave me a priceline reservation #. At this point, I’m under the impression that I got the deal. Afterwards, they said that the transaction didn’t go through, and I can’t get the deal. Any way I can fight this? I tried calling priceline and it’s impossible to talk to a live person.

Thanks in advance.

• TFD says:

@allie – a confirmation number isn’t much from a claim standpoint. it needs to be ticketed, which didnt happen. sorry it didnt work out. 🙁

5. Nick says:

Hi TFD,

I’ve been reading your newsletter everyday in order to find a deal to Tokyo, of course my email arrived 4 hours after users reported the deal to have already been sold out. Any other tips for finding a cheap flight to Tokyo from NY in April?

Or is there a way to specifically subscribe to any new topics you post regarding Tokyo, this way I can act immediately?

Thanks!

• Star says:

Check Malaysia Airlines. Was able to fly to LAX to Tokyo October 2013 for $600rt. They were having a sale last year that was being promoted for about 2 months in the spring of 2013.

6. Miah says:

Looks like I was lucky to get mine. I have a us-airway conformation number so I assume they cant take it back now.

7. clayd333 says:

I skipped it because I wasn’t comfortable w/ Priceline..

• TFD says:

@clayd333 – we dont recommend anyone that we wouldn’t use ourselves or services that charge more or does not give miles.

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!
© Copyright - The Flight Deal

ADVERTISER DISCLOSURE: The offers that appear are from companies from which The Flight Deal receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site, including, for example, the order in which they may appear within listing categories. Other factors, such as our own proprietary website rules and the likelihood of applicants' credit approval also impact how and where products appear on this site. The Flight Deal does not include the entire universe of available financial or credit offers

EDITORIAL DISCLOSURE: The editorial content on this site is not provided by the companies whose products are featured. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or evaluations provided here are those of the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the Advertiser.