This fare requires you to start in Mexico City — getting from the United States to Mexico City can be reasonable depending on where you start. For example, from Los Angeles and San Francisco, Mexico City can usually be done for about $300.
That said, the possibility of going to Easter Island is worth the trek. LAN has a special promotional fare from Mexico City to Easter Island for $468. If you have miles, the incremental cost is very low. Even if you have to buy a positioning flight from the US to Mexico City, you can do Easter Island for a relatively low fare. The team went in November, 2011. Look at the picture! Worth the trip!
For those interested in Business Class, there is a business class fare from LAN for about $1,500!
Sample Travel Date:
- February 13th – 22nd, 2014
- Valid for travel from February, 2014 – March 30th,2014. Must purchase by
October 27thNovember 7th
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “la+” the outbound and return fields to search for this itinerary. Make sure you set the currency to USD on the currency field to see prices in US Dollars.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Partner Fare Class:
- MEX (Mexico) – SCL (Santiago de Chile) – IPC (Santiago de Chile) – SCL – LIM (Lima) – MEX. You will need to buy a ticket or redeem miles to Mexico City to start your trip. Also make sure the entire itinerary is operated by LAN. Certain itineraries will have the Mexico to South America segments operated by Aeromexico. In those scenarios, you will not receive mileage credit with American Airlines for those segments.
- One permitted at $75.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 12,910 miles or 3.6 cents per mile. LAN is a member of the Oneworld alliance and American Airlines member. This fare will earn 100% mileage for the segments between South America and Mexico and 25% mileage for segments within South America or 8,263 miles and 5.7 cents per mile.
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select LAN.
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Country Inns and Suites
- Design Hotels
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Marriott International
- Marriott, JW Marriott, Courtyard y Marriott, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Springhill Suites, Delta Hotels, Moxy, AC Hotels, TownePlace, Autograph Collection, Protea Hotels.
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- Radisson Hotels
- Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Hotel Missioni
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – Entry Fee on Arrival – $160. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Chilean Peso (CLP). $1USD = 505 CLP
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a small commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.