This post is very symbolic. It has taken us over two years, but we are finally ready to have a 4th daily deal city. You’re probably are wondering “What!? Aren’t you guys a daily deals site?” Well, yes and no. Yes, we have at least 6 deals a day. But if you’ve been following us for a while, you’ve probably recognized that New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco are the only cities with daily deals posted everyday at 9:30AM, 11:50AM and 2:30PM Eastern (they go on Twitter and Facebook at 10AM, 12PM and 3PM). While the other three slots are filled by our other 9 cities. Having 4 daily deals cities also means we will be going to 7 deals a day for the majority of the week.
It’s tough to be designated a daily deal city – the city itself needs to have a sufficient deal flow and deal diversity. Deal flow is easier of the two — prices change constantly and we can report them all day, everyday. However, to keep our readers engaged, we need to see deal diversity. There has to be deals to different places everyday. If we post deals to the same places over and over again, we’re not worth visiting and supporting.
We took a very unscientific poll yesterday on Twitter and Facebook to see when you would like to see the DC deal get posted and 9AM won (the option that lost was 11AM) — which really means 8:50AM on the site. The only time a DC deal won’t show up at 9AM is if it is between DC and LA or San Francisco, in those cases, they will be at the LA or San Francisco time slots. This has been a long road for us and like Kilimanjaro, it is a mountain that we have summited – there’s the symbolism in case you missed it.
We thank you all for your generosity and continuing support to helping us get to this point. – the tfd team
If you are still reading this (sorry for being so long-winded), Kilimanjaro can be an adventure and a half! Besides climbing the mountain, it is also a great starting point for a safari. Enjoy your trip and the daily deals!
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample with Delta
- November 19th – 26th
- Valid for travel from November 1st – 30th or January 10th, 2014 – March 10th, 2014. Must purchase by March 31st, 2014
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “msp ams” on the outbound field and enter “ams msp” on the return field to search for this fare. You can also try other combinations on the advanced routing code field like “jfk ams” and “ams atl” to see more availability. This fare is hidden and will not show up on ITA without first connecting at a US Delta hub (Detroit, Minneapolis, Atlanta or JFK) and Amsterdam. Depending on availability, they will either be offered by Delta or KLM.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Partner Fare Class:
- V (For KLM)
- IAD – MSP (Minneapolis) – AMS (Amsterdam) – JRO (Mt. Kilimanjaro) – DAR (Dar es Salaam) – AMS – MSP – IAD.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 19,243 miles or 5.9 cents per mile.
- If the itinerary is with KLM. KLM is a member of the SkyTeam Alliance and Delta partner. This fare will earn 100% mileage when crediting to Delta. Do not credit to the KLM Flying Blue program as it will only earn 25% with them.
How to Buy:
- Delta: Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Delta.
- KLM: Support us by using our KLM link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Country Inns and Suites
- Design Hotels
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Marriott International
- Marriott, JW Marriott, Courtyard y Marriott, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Springhill Suites, Delta Hotels, Moxy, AC Hotels, TownePlace, Autograph Collection, Protea Hotels.
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- Radisson Hotels
- Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Hotel Missioni
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $100. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Tanzanian Shilling – $1USD = 1,616 TZS
- Proof of yellow fever vaccination also required.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a small commission if you use the Orbitz, KLM, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.