Ekaterinburg? Where? What? It is the capital of the Urals region of Russia; the fourth largest city of Russia; and an industrial and cultural center. It is also a major stop on the Trans-Siberian Railway (for those who want to take it).
Sample Travel Date:
- November 11th – 19th
- Valid for travel from October 29th – December 13th or December 25th – March 25th, 2014 for Sunday through Thursday departures from the United States and Monday through Thursday departures to the United States. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Enable advanced routing codes and input “ams led” on the outbound field and “svo ams” on the return field to search for this fare. Must purchase by August 31st
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Partner Fare Class:
- Rossiya Airlines: X
- Aeroflot: L
- IAD – AMS (Amsterdam) – LED (St. Petersburg, Russia) – SVX (Ekaterinburg) – SVO (Moscow, Russia) – AMS – IAD. The segment between St. Petersburg and Ekaterinburg is operated by Rossiya Airlines while the segment between Ekaterinburg and Moscow is operated by Aeroflot. Rossiya is the 2nd national airline in Russia (Aeroflot is the other).
- Not permitted.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 12,152 miles or 5.0 cents per mile. KLM partners with Delta and is the national airline of the Netherlands. The segments between St. Petersburg and Ekaterinburg will not earn any miles. The segment between Ekaterinburg and Moscow will earn 75% mileage with Delta. This fare will earn 10,848 miles or 5.6 cents per mile with Delta SkyMiles. Remember to provide your Delta SkyMiles number at check-in to receive your miles. DO NOT CREDIT THIS TO KLM’s program, as it will only earn 25%. Credit to Delta!
How to Book:
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and go to Hipmunk.com
- On the From field, enter “IAD::AMS LED”
- On the To field, enter “SVX::SVO AMS”
- This will show the itinerary and will link you directly to Priceline.com to book
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Russian Ruble (RUB) – $1USD = 32.88 RUB
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.