We have not seen it this cheap since the last time Delta put this on sale at $671 in March, 2012. This will not last long, if you need time to decide, buy and use Delta’s 24 hour risk free cancellation policy to sort out your travel plans.
Singapore is a good springboard to Bali. You can fly roundtrip from Singapore to Bali for about $200 roundtrip on a low cost carrier like AirAsia or Tiger or JetStar.
Update 7/8/2013 @ 11:45PM Eastern – it is now $758 for the standard Los Angeles – Tokyo – Singapore routing.
Update 7/9/2013 @ 10:25PM Eastern – still good availability in 2014. Available in 2013 is mostly at $858.
Update 7/11/2013 @ 1:00AM Eastern – still available at $758 from late October – April, 2014!
Update 7/14/2013 @1:15PM Eastern – amazing. It’s been over a week and this fare is still available at $758 for January – April, 2014 travel.
Sample Travel Date:
- September 24th – October 2nd
- Valid for travel from August 21st – November 30th or January 1st, 2014 – May 20th, 2014 for Monday through Thursday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “dl+” on both the outbound and return fields to search only Delta availability. Must purchase at least 28 days advance of departure
- For mileage runners, here’s an itinerary for $798 that will result in 25,000 miles: enter “jfk nrt” on the outbound advance routing codes and “nrt jfk” on the return advance routing codes on ITA. This will result an itinerary over 25,000 miles and 3.2 cents per mile. Book via Hipmunk using the syntax – FROM – LAX::JFK NRT and TO — SIN::NRT JFK. One trip = Delta Silver Medallion Status or Alaska MileagePlan MVP.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- LAX – NRT (Tokyo) – SIN (Singapore) – NRT – LAX
- 17,528 miles or 4.1 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Delta.com
- Delta’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Singapore Dollar (SGD). $1USD = 1.26 SGD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.