Business Class Fare – LAN: New York – Buenos Aires, Argentina. $2,199. (Free Stopover in Lima or Santiago de Chile). Roundtrip, including all Taxes
While this is not the under $1,000 business class fare to Buenos Aires we’ve seen previously, this is a very good deal. This is about 2x the standard price of coach.
This fare allows for a stopovers in South America. We will do our standard deal sheet and then show a stopover in either Lima or Santiago de Chile. American Airlines has the exact same fare — however, it does not allow for stopovers in other South American cities. As such, we will show the deal with LAN. LAN has a better business class product anyways.
Sample Travel Date:
- September 10th – 18th
- Valid for travel from July – December. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing codes and enter “la+” on both the outbound and return. Make sure you select “Business” on the Cabin drop down. Must purchase by July 1st.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- Unlimited stopovers. Potential stopover points including Lima and Santiago de Chile. Unlimited does not mean you can stopover anywhere in South America. All fares are bounded by routing rules. We know for certain that stopovers in Lima and Santiago de Chile are allowed. We have not had success elsewhere.
- JFK – LIM (Lima) – EZE (Buenos Aires) – SCL (Santiago de Chile) – JFK. There are some routings via Brazil. We advise that you avoid those routings if you want full mileage with American. We could not price a stopover in Brazil.
- 11,390 miles. LAN is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and an American Airlines partner, this fare will earn 125% mileage with American. Provide the checkin agent with your American frequent flyer number to receive credit.
Free Stopover in Lima:
We are going to show you an itinerary with a stopover in Lima. With the stopover in Lima, the price is $2,244. For an extra $45, you get to visit another country. The $45 is taxes associated with entering Peru.
It’s pretty simple to put together a stopover. Just play around with the dates on ITA and then book. We used ITA’s Multi-City search to price the stopover. It involved a lot of trial and error.
Use the Multi-Destinations option on Expedia.com to book; enter the exact dates used on ITA. When booking, remember to enable “Show Additional Options.” Select LAN Airlines and Business Class.
How to Book:
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Expedia.com. Enable Multi-Destinations for trips with a stopover
- Visa: US Citizens – Entry Fee – $160. Argentinean entry fee for Americans must be paid prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Argentine Peso (ARS) $1USD = 5.34 ARS
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Peruvian Nuveo Sol (PEN) $1USD = 2.7 PEN
- Visa: US Citizens – Entry Fee on Arrival – $160. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Chilean Peso (CLP). $1USD = 502 CLP
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.