Airfare Deal – Air Canada / British Airways: New York – Nairobi, Kenya. $846. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
Star Alliance carriers (United via Codeshare, Air Canada, Austrian, Lufthansa, Swissair) and SkyTeam carriers (KLM and Air France) have put Nairobi on sale. But the challenge is that the fares are not mileage earning and our rule is we do not publish fares that are not mileage earning.
With a little routing trick, we were able to put together an itinerary that is 100% mileage earning for the entire itinerary. Part of the itinerary is with United/Air Canada and the other part with British Airways.
$846 is the lowest we have seen for fares to Kenya in over 12 months! Use this to go on a Safari. The fares that are non-mileage earning are approximately $800. To Compare, for an extra $46, you will earn over 15,000 miles which is enough for a domestic one-way ticket! Spend the extra $46, don’t be penny wise and pound foolish.
Sample Travel Date:
- November 4th – 11th
- Valid for travel from November 1st – 30th or January 10th, 2014 – March 10th, 2014. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “YUL LHR” on the outbound field and “LHR YUL” on the return field to search only Air Canada and British Airways availability. Must purchase by March 31st, 2014. (THIS WILL NOT LAST until then)
- The routing codes above route you via Montreal and London. This will ensure that you will earn 100% mileage for all segments of this itinerary.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Partner Fare Class:
- Air Canada: K
- British Airways: Q
- LGA – YUL (Montreal) – LHR (London) – NBO (Nairobi) – LHR – YUL – LGA. The segments from the US to London, and vice versa, are on United or Air Canada. London to Nairobi is operated by British Airways. This fare is also available from Newark.
- 15,632 miles or 5.4 cents per mile. You will earn 7,157 miles on this itinerary with United for the United and Air Canada segments. British Airways is an American Airlines partner and for the London – Nairobi segments, you will earn 8,475 AAdvantage miles.
How to Book:
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and go to Hipmunk.com.
- On the From field, enter “LGA:: YUL LHR” – if you would like to leave from Newark, enter “EWR:: YUL LHR”
- On the To field, enter “NBO:: LHR YUL” – see screenshot below
- This will show the itinerary and will link you to Priceline.com to book.
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $50. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Kenyan Shilling – $1USD = 83.69 KES
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.