TAM is the largest airline in Brazil. However, with this fare, you actually won’t be flying on any TAM planes. Instead, you will be flying with their partners United and LAN.
Sample Travel Date:
- April 15th – 22nd
- Valid for travel until June 12th for Monday through Thursday departures. Availability is best beginning late March. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “jj+” to search only TAM Airline availability. Must purchase by March 12th.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- SEA – ORD (Chicago) – GRU (Sao Paulo) – LIM (Lima) – GRU – ORD – SEA. The SEA-ORD-GRU segments are operated by United while the GRU – LIM segments are operated by LAN Peru. A visa is not required for transits under 12 hours in Brazil if you do not leave the airport.
- 18,214 miles or 4.6 cents per mile. If you are crediting this to United, only the SEA-ORD-GRU and vice versa segments will earn credit. You will earn 13,885 miles if you credit to United at 6.0 cents per mile. The GRU – LIM segments will only earn credit with either LAN or TAM.
How to Book:
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Orbitz.com. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” select TAM Airlines to find availability.
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Peruvian Nuveo Sol (PEN) $1USD = 2.6 PEN
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Seattle Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Seattle Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.