A good sale to Johannesburg. Lufthansa has this fare for about $40 cheaper. However, for most US flyers who would credit their Lufthansa flights with either United or US Airways, the Lufthansa fare to Johannesburg does not earn any miles with United or US Airways. With that in mind, this sale is the better deal because this fare earns 100% with American or BA.
Sample Travel Date:
- February 11th – 18th
- Valid for travel until March 31st. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “ba+” to search only British Airways availability. Must purchase by January 23rd.
- JFK – LHR (London) – JNB (Johannesburg) – LHR – JFK
- 18,154 miles or 5.5 cents per mile. Remember to collect your miles. This is almost enough for a free domestic award ticket. British Airways partners with American Airlines and you will earn 100% credit with American. Provide the check-in staff with your American AAdvantage number.
How to Book:
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on BA.COM
- Save an extra 10% off if you have the Chase British Airways Visa credit card (details here)
- If you don’t have a Chase British Airways Visa card, you still can save up to 2% with TopCashBack.com(*), use TopCashBack.com‘s BA.com link book to receive the 2% saving.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Rand – $1USD = 8 South African Rand (ZAR)
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a cash bonus if you use the TopCashBack affiliate link above to create a TopCashBack account and make a subsequent booking.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.