All Nippon Airways: New York – Various Destinations in China. Under $530. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
You need to be flexible. Must depart from the United States on October 28th.
- Beijing [Airport code: PEK]
- Shanghai [PVG]
- Qingdao [TAO]
- Dalian [DLC]
- Hangzhou [HGH]
- Xiamen [XMN]
- Shenyang [SHE]
[Update 8/22/2012 @ 5pM Eastern -- we just held a reservation. Apparently ANA lets you hold the fare til midnight same day in PST. If you need time to firm up your plans book now and cancel later if you need to!]
[Update 8/23/2012 @1PM Eastern - fare gone]
- To Shanghai
- October 28th – November 6th. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing codes and enter “nh+” on both inbound and outbound advance routing codes field to search only All Nippon Airways availability. Must purchase by August 24th and at least 28 days advance of departure.
- Use a flexible date range starting October 28th to find travel dates. We used “0-7″ as length of stay on ITA Matrix to search. You can do 3-10, 10-17 etc
- Maximum stay in China = 1 month
- JFK – NRT (Tokyo) – PVG (Shanghai) – NRT – JFK
- 15,682 miles or 3.3 cents per mile. The Japan – China portions are only 50% earning — so this fare will only earn 14,564 miles or 3.4 cents per mile if crediting to United. All Nippon Airways (ANA) is a member of the Star Alliance and a partner with United’s MileagePlus program. Best mileage earning is with United, so credit to United. Provide the checkin staff with your United MileagePlus number to receive full credit.
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Search and book on FLY-ANA.COM
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. $140. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) – $1USD = 6.3 CNY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping