Ethiopian Airlines: Washington D.C. – Johannesburg, South Africa. $1,008. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
Ethiopian Airlines is one of the largest airlines in Africa and one of the fastest growing airlines in the world. It flies all modern Boeing airplanes. In 2011, it joined the Star Alliance network and became partners with United and US Airways.
This is a good fare to Johannesburg with good availability.
- October 2nd – 10th. Valid for travel from August 12th – November 30th and February 1st, 2013 – March 31st, 2013. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by June 10th.
- IAD – ADD (Addis Ababa) – JNB (Johannesburg) – ADD – FCO (Rome) – IAD
- 19,508 miles or 5.1 cents per miles. Ethiopian Airlines is a member of the Star Alliance and a partner with United Airlines. This fare will earn 100% mileage with United Airlines MileagePlus program — provide the checkin staff with your United MileagePlus number to receive mileage.
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Search and book on Ethiopian Airlines.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required
- Currency: Rand – $1USD = 8 South African Rand (ZAR)
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping