American is putting Shanghai on sale just like the Tokyo fare that we published yesterday but instead of Monday through Thursday departures, Shanghai is Friday through Sunday departures.
- April 28th – May 4th. Must depart by May 2nd and return by May 31st for Friday, Saturday and Sunday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability and on the length of stay enter “3-10″ to see best available starting April 20th. Must purchase 3 days in advance of departure and by April 23rd.
- JFK – LAX (Los Angeles) – PVG (Shanghai) – LAX – JFK
- 17,919 miles or 4.6 cents per mile. Remember to check our post on AA.com discount codes to see if your travel dates have a valid promotion code if you are flying American.
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on AA.com
- Use the 10% off Costco AA Gift Cards to save more
- AA’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. $140
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) – $1USD = 6.3 CNY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping